Friday, February 27, 2009

Who Am I?

I am the girl who looked at the continents and knew they were once much different, even though my teachers told me otherwise.

I am the girl who believed both Darwin and Creationism were correct.

I am the girl who embraced the philosophy of the sixties - peace, love and freedom - enough to make them my lifelong ideals.

I am the girl who believed that magic was real, and suspected that there was a scientific basis, at the time undiscovered, that would explain the why behind magic.

I am the girl who wanted to be a horse, so she could run like the wind, and claim her freedom, and show everyone our divine origin.

I am the girl who discovered very old junk heaps in the forest, and uncovered their treasures.

I am the girl who liked to jump. Who jumped so high it felt like flying.

I am the girl who would stand beneath a snow-covered tree with a friend and shake the snow down so we were frosted with beautiful, melting crystals.

I am the girl who would peer into the ocean depths, from my father's boat, and watch the jellyfish, and mackerel.

I am the girl whom birds trust to come, and eat seed from her hand.

I am the girl who made snowmen, and snow angels.

I am the girl who once skated on ice so thin and clear, that I could see the goldfish swimming beneath my feet.

I am the girl who could move absolutely in silence.

I am the girl who could become invisible.

I am the girl who made potions out of old cranberries in the springtime.

I am the girl who thrilled to the sound of frogs in the spring.

I am the girl who collected frog spawn... who has held it in her hands.

I am the girl who held a dragonfly nymph on her hand as it hatched, unfolded it's wings and finally flew.

I am the girl who would collect driftwood and make a fire on the beach. Then would dig up clams from the mud and cook them in an old coffee can on my fire on the beach.

I am the girl who surfed in the ocean July 17, 1983. The girl who learned how powerful the sea can be.

I am the girl who adored men.

I am the girl who loved her mother, and especially loved her Grandmothers.

I am the girl who loved the scent and beauty of waterlilies.

I am the girl who never wanted to be a man.

I am the girl who loved wild roses.

I am the girl who drew horses.

I am the girl who knew she was magical.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

thanks for following my blog! you sound very interesting ... pleasedatmeetcha as they say where i come from.

Lily Wyte said...

Pleastameecha too. Sweet dog.